Monday, September 04, 2006

Loosing a tooth...

My oldest daughter lost her first tooth (naturally) this week. She's been so excited because her tooth was loose, and wanted to show everyone. She especially liked pushing it so it was sticking almost perpendicular to her gums and grossing her mom out. Now that it's fallen out she has yet another gap in her smile, and it looks really cute. Of course, the tooth fairy came and took the tooth, leaving $1 behind in recompense.

I'm not sure I'm happy about it, as it is one more indication that she's getting older. Every day is exciting and precious and one day nearer the day when she's not my little girl any more. This is one more reminder to cherish and enjoy every moment with my children, because they will never be this young, innocent, and full of wonder again.

No comments: